Call for Speakers
Speaker Proposals are being accepted for Text Analytics World – Boston, Sept 30 – Oct 1, 2013
Venue: Seaport World Trade Center
Speaker proposal deadline: June 15, 2013
Speakers will be notified by: July 15, 2013
Join Text Analytics World to share how text analytics delivers a business impact for your organization. Text Analytics World is a full spectrum conference that covers all aspects of text analytics including business value and new methods/techniques, covering a wide range of industries large and small, and exploring the full range of vendor solutions and types of text analytics deployments.
Text Analytics is a young emerging field that employs a broad set of technologies, techniques, and methods for extracting value from unstructured and semi-structured text, and is used in a wide variety of applications and in conjunction with multiple other technologies.
There are five major areas of text analytics that we will explore:
- Big Data – Including integration of text analytics and predictive analytics – converting text into data and enhancing text mining applications, decision support, topic discovery, predictive modeling, and more
- Social Media – Including sentiment analysis, voice of the customer, and other new social applications
- Enterprise Applications – Including enterprise search and search based applications, knowledge management (collaboration, expertise location, advanced knowledgebases), content management, and other productivity applications
- Intelligence Applications – Including business intelligence, customer intelligence, security, fraud detection, survey analysis, and more
- Knowledge Organization – Including categorization techniques, noun phrase extraction approaches, taxonomy development and applications, semantic web and semantic technologies, and new knowledge models
This leading event provides the means for people in fields traditionally separate and siloed to communicate and learn from one another – discovering how much they can gain from an interdisciplinary collaboration.
Share Your Experience
Text Analytics World provides speakers the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas, and new directions in this exciting and fast growing area – and to learn from the experiences of others. Speaking at the Text Analytics World offers a variety of benefits including the chance to share your visions and experiences and thereby increasing your organization or individual’s standing and credibility from the exposure among your industry peers.
We are looking first and foremost for presentations such as:
- Case studies – what worked and what didn’t work
- How-to’s – including both technical and business methods and obstacles
- Real world applications – how to build them and how to get business value from them
- Research results – and why they matter – new approaches and/or potential new applications
- Use your imagination – surprise us with new ideas or describe how your new initiative transformed your organization
We will be aiming for a good mix of educational presentations, case studies, workshops, and expert panels. The presentations are typically 45 minutes. .
Please join us and enjoy the opportunity to share insights and information with a wide variety of people doing exciting new things with text analytics. Hear practical advice and new ideas, technical tools and trends, business strategies and implementation lessons learned.
Here are some sample topics, but don’t let that limit your imagination:
- Text Analytics and Mining Big Data
- Business-Rule Discovery in Text Mining
- How Big Social Data is Impacting Business
- Text Mining and Compliance Applications
- Advanced Twitter Applications: Stock Market to Politics
- Beyond Sentiment Analysis – Understanding Customer’s Behavior
- New Approaches in Voice of the Customer Applications
- Using Real Voice for Voice of the Customer
- Capturing Cognitive Science Insights in Social Media Analytics
- Text Analytics for Social Media
- Using the Cloud for Content Analytics
- New Methods for Detecting Spam and Other Abuses in Social Media
- Text Analytics and Enterprise Search
- New Approaches in Text Analytics – Ensemble Models and More
- Using Speech and Text Analytics in Online Ad Campaigns
- Social Media Mining for Customer Insight and Competitive Intelligence
- Building a Corporate Taxonomy with Text Mining and Text Analytics Tools
- Designing Taxonomies for Text Analytics Applications
- Leveraging Text Analytics for Faceted Search
- Text Analytics Platform for Expertise Location
- Building a KnowledgeBase with Auto-categorization
- Text Analytics and Enhancing Taxonomy / Folksonomy in SharePoint 2010
- Semantic Wikis and Applications
- Ontology Based Metadata for Faceted Navigation
- Semantically Enabled Consumer Intelligence
- Semantic Search Applications
Please read a bit more about the scope, objective and target audience of this conference on the about and FAQ pages. If you are a text analytics vendor, please contact us about TAW sponsor presentations and other sponsorship opportunities, or please pass this along to one of your customers to encourage them to present their case study using your software.
If you would like to receive TAW call-for-speakers announcements and notifications, as they arise for future TAW events, email with the subject line, “Subscribe TAW call-for-speakers notifications.”